Thursday, June 23, 2011

rushed

This post will be rushed, much like my current existence. I am still in house limbo. We just finished refinishing the floors. They are beautiful. I estimate that we will be doing work for the next week and then we can bring the cats in.


I have been so exhausted lately. Our days consist of working on the house. Our evenings are filled with planning what we'll eat, where we'll sleep, and how we'll lug our existences from one locale to the next. After long days of physical labor, that part's the hardest. We have been staying with my mom on occassion (as have the cats - still) and I'm sure that to the suburban elite, we look like crust punks. We are sweaty, covered in sawdust, carrying all the things we'll need on our backs, and wandering around the grocery store looking for food that requires no preparation but is cheap and nutritious.


Pretty soon we'll be able to move our bed back into the house and actually finish rooms. We have to trim out the baseboards and windows in all the rooms. Today, we are demolishing an ancient sewer pipe and carrying it from the house in 3 foot increments. We'll be happy to have that thing out of there given it cuts through the basement stairs.


The great thing is that I can begin to see this project crystalize. I'm excited to build a photo album because the progress, though slow, is really stark.


No comments:

Post a Comment